Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 2, Kristin Carter

WOW! In about 48 hours I will be on my way to Albany. Yesterday I was feeling like I had all the time in the world, now I feel like there’s so much to do before I leave. Why am I leaving so early you might ask – well on Friday there is a workshop for Area administrators (read that Team) and I am in my final days as the ACL for NY-E, but I still get to go to the workshops and our new ACL should be there as well, but she has not officially been announced so very few know who she is … hehehehe …I’ve got a secret … shhhhh ….

So Thursday’s are our busiest summer days in my family. The boys (Steven – 13 and Andrew – 11) have swimming lessons every morning and on Thursday afternoons they have music lessons. That’s is, that’s all they HAVE to do all summer. It’s wonderful! But I’ll be gone Thursday afternoon, so I had to get my girlfriend to take them to music lessons, which by itself is no big deal, but going to music lessons means they need to bring a cello, French horn, and a trombone with them – that’s three fairly large instruments, and music. So I need to organize that stuff and then Friday my mom is coming to take them to swimming and to her house over night so I need to organize an overnight bag for them.

So Thursday night I am staying at my friend (and NY-E ACS) Traci’s house, then we will go to the Best Western Friday morning for our workshops. Spending Thursday night with her will be productive since we are presenting a session together on Saturday and have had little time to prepare for it. I wrote the outline and we have discussed ideas, but we need to have more of a plan for Saturday. Traci and I make a great team. We spent the late winter - early spring traveling around NY-E presenting four District Workshops, so working together comes naturally. We are presenting “Taming the Email Tiger” which is kind of scary since I currently have 803 items in my inbox – somebody tell me to delete!

Well since I have so much to do in the next 48 hours I should go do it instead of sitting here blogging. Oh one important thing on my to do list is stop at the liquor store and pick up some vodka and cointreu so we can have cosmopolitans Saturday night!

~Kristin

No comments: