Saturday, July 26, 2008

From Mary Kay Linge of Staten Island, NY

Hugs and laughter, serious talk and light conversation, chips and hummus and some good mixed drinks…it’s the first night of LDS Albany, and we’re off to quite a start.

A great joy of a Leader gathering like this is greeting the faces you’ve seen before and introducing yourself to people whose names you recognize but whom you’ve never before met (hooray for nametags!). Meeting the new babies born since last LDS, and exclaiming over how much the former baby has grown, is pretty wonderful too.

Best of all is the energy exuded by a group of women so committed, so passionate, and so unified behind one goal: helping mothers breastfeed their babies. As I told my Group’s mothers before I left, “Call my cell anytime this weekend if you have a problem – I’ll be surrounded by about 150 fantastic Leaders, so I’ll be able to find the answer to any question!”

No comments: