Saturday, July 26, 2008

from Susan Leibman

Useful, relevant sessions are one of the best things about an LDS, and Norma Ritter is one of the best things about La Leche League. I attended Norma's latch presentation at the Baltimore LDS in 2002, and I immediately loved her so much that I determined right then and there to be a Leader for the rest of my life. I knew I'd laugh and be inspired all over again, so I signed up for a second go here in Albany. I wasn't disappointed! With her trademark humor, Norma reminded us how smart babies are when we let them run the show. It was fun to realize that 90% of what I tell a new mother about latch even all these years later comes right from Norma's excellent examples . . . and I got a new tidbit today about using the breast to encourage the baby to open wide ~ assuring a deep latch and positioning the nipple perfectly in baby's mouth. Thanks, Norma, for another wonderful session, and for continuing to offer your gifts to La Leche League!

No comments: