Thursday, July 24, 2008

thurs from Kristin

Hi Everyone,

I’m in Albany at Traci’s house. It is so wonderful to be in another LLL home and to be around little ones. Traci’s kids are 6, 2, and 6 months and so much fun to watch and enjoy. When Traci and I were doing the District Workshop “tour” last spring I spent quite a bit of time with Ryan (2) and Ameilia (6 months) and it’s great to be here with them again. Ameilia has grown so much since I last saw her in April, but now she will have nothing to do with me. Ryan on the other hand warms up so quickly. He ran out to the car to great me, gave me a high-5 and helped me carry in my bags.

So my morning started out slowly and nothing seemed to go my way. First my alarm didn’t ring so I got up an hour later than planned, but we got out of the house and to swimming lessons by 9 and I got the kids to my friends at 10:30. I didn’t hit the road until close to noon because this morning as we were trying to escape I got two calls from moms needing help so I needed to return the calls before I left, so I did that at my friends house. I’m glad they weren’t too detailed, because I had no resources with me.

The drive north was uneventful. I stopped once for a potty break, and once to get the directions out of the back of the car – I know I should have done that before I started out. I got a little turned around when I got to Albany and saw gas for $4.17 / gallon so I filled up. (Gas on Long Island is about 15 cents more.) I walked into Traci’s at 4:30. The house smelled amazing; Traci’s mom is an awesome cook and dinner was cooking. I love going to Traci’s house.

So we have spent the evening working on some NY-E conference stuff, we’ve brainstormed for our session on Saturday, and worked on planning our Team Meeting for September (my last as ACL – yippee!!!) Now it’s time to turn in. Tomorrow will be the first of three fun filled days. Traci has a Conference Department workshop starting at 10 AM and I have my Leader Department workshop at 11 AM. Since we are driving to the Best Western together I will need to find something to do for an hour. Maybe I’ll crash the Conference Department meeting for an hour. Maybe I’ll just look for more coffee.

I can’t wait for tomorrow to come – it’s almost like waiting for Christmas morning!

~Kristin

No comments: