Monday, July 21, 2008

Kristin Carter

I’ve so enjoyed reading bits from the first two LDS’s. I am anxiously awaiting my travel to Albany at the end of this week for the final 2008 LDS. I was just starting my packing list and trying to decide what to take. I’m fretting over Saturday Night’s talent show because I signed up a bunch of us to perform, but haven’t done much to put the talent together It will all work out in the end – it always does!

If you have never been to an LDS let me say, you are missing out on a spectacular event. I attended my first LDS in 1998 in Connecticut. I had been accredited the previous April and this was my first LLL conference experience! I was instantly hooked and a conference junkie was born. Having a huge conference experience list including three LLLI conferences and Area Conferences from 5 different areas, the LDS is by far my favorite. The LDS is an intimate experience, not a huge LLLI conference of thousands. Everything is tailored to the needs of a Leader, unlike an Area Breastfeeding and Parenting Conference where moms and families are catered to. At an LDS, my needs are met through continuing education and social interaction.

I can’t wait to reconnect with old friends and meet some new friends. I hope that some of the negative feelings that are out there can be left in the parking lot and an amazing weekend can be enjoyed by everyone attending.

Can’t wait to see you in Albany!

~Kristin Carter

No comments: