Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Krystal McDonald

I'm back home now from the Virginia LDS. It had such a wonderful impact on me that I wanted to share my after thoughts. This was my first LDS and it far exceeded my expectations. It was a great weekend filled with new friends, education and networking. I had the opportunity to spend time with multiple generations of LLL women. I have a new understanding of the roll of the LLL Leader beyond her breastfeeding years and what a vital roll she plays. The end of my breastfeeding time seems very close for me and I came to the LDS to find answers to what my roll is post-breastfeeding. I'm now assured that I have many options of how to serve LLL and my career as a LLL Leader is far from over. I also got a chance to get to know a number of the leaders in my area, some of which I'd met before and some of which I had not. The sessions were great. I particularly enjoyed the technical session on low milk supply. As a non-practicing chemist I just ate up the technical information. It inspired me to pursue serving in the PL office and/or become a lactation consultant in the future.

I do write this little summary with a purpose. I encourage any leaders and/or leader applicants to attend an LDS in the future. What an energizing experience that shouldn't be missed. I look forward to my next LDS.

Regards,
Krystal McDonald
Leader, LLL of Springfield, VA

No comments: